Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stamping Mani & an Award?!

Hello you wonderful, supportive people, you. I'm going to start with my nails and then move on to the good stuff. This is kind of a long post, so only 2 pics. Today I have a stamping mani:






The base color is Color Club in Shabby Drab and the stamping is Color Club Rad Nomad. The stamping design is from Mash plate 20. I was originally going to do an accent nail, but I loved this design too much.




I tried to get a little bit of natural light for this pic, but a window is no substitute for being outside in direct light. (^_^;)

Ok, now on to the award! My wonderful friend at Kat Stays Polished has nominated me for the Liebster Award!


 She's too kind, really. I've barely begun to blog and have a lot to learn and try still. So, I'm truly flattered. Thanks, Kat!

Here are the details and rules for this award:


When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.

Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers.

My 11 Random Facts:

1: I'm half Japanese but can barely speak any Japanese.
2: That just made me love my heritage even more. I LOVE Japanese movies, tv shows, music, food...etc.
3: I've only been to Japan once, but it was for 4 amazing weeks.
4: That was the only time I've ever met any of my mother's side of the family.
5: I have a cousin on my dad's side of the family who is the same age as my mother. (o_O) 6: I've never felt calling someone that much older than me by their given name. So, I always called her Cousin Sandy. hahah
7: I'm also part Italian on my father's side. Our traditional Christmas dinner is homemade lasagna rather than turkey or ham, though sometimes we'll have one of those too.
8: I'm extremely hairy. I think it's the Italian in me. I try to keep my hairy knuckles out of pics, but may not always pay attention. Sorry. (-_-) hehe.
9: My odd eyebrows don't lay flat against my face. If you look at them from an angle, you can see they stick out. haha.
10: I like to get to know people before I open up. Obviously not the case here. LOL.
11: I'm not afraid to laugh at myself...and I give myself plenty of opportunity. I'll have to share a story or two sometime. (^_^)


Questions to Answer from Kat Stays Polished:

1. Do you remember what your FIRST polish was? No. I've been into polish (on & off) since about 6 yrs old. haha
2. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? DARK. Hands down, no competition.
3. Coffee or tea? Tea. Surprised, Kat? hehe
4. Coke or Pepsi? No preference really.
5. Do you send out Christmas cards to family? No. We all live relatively close.
6. What was the best vacation you ever went on? 4 Weeks in Okinawa, Japan!
7. Where would you love to have your ultimate dream vacation? Tokyo!
8. If you have kids, how many do you have. If you don't currently have kids, how many do you want? I have 1 beautiful (she looks like her dad, so no I'm not bragging. hahah),  smart, hilarious little girl.
9. Does your husband, boyfriend, partner have an influence on your blog? Absolutely.
10. Is polish your life? No...polish is my escape from reality. ^_^
11. What will be your New Year's resolution? Too cliche, but I NEED to lose weight.


My nominees:
1: Can't Hold My Lacquer
2: Life as Kandistar
3: Dipped in Lacquer
4: Shell Bell's Nails
5: Enchanted Nails & Fluffy Dog Tails
6: Erica's Nails and More
7: Glitter Me This
8: Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes
9: hellolacquer
10: Iced Lacquer
11: Lacqueriss

My 11 Questions:

1: What is your favorite polish-related memory?
2: What is your favorite sweet/dessert/candy?
3: What's the weirdest food you've tried and liked?
4: If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
5: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6: In your opinion, where should everyone go at least once?
7: Cats or Dogs, and why?
8: Funniest/weirdest name you've given a pet.
9: Funniest/most embarrassing pet name/nickname you've given a person.
10: Worst school memory.
11: What scent makes you nostalgic and why?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Thank you so much!!! You are sooo sweet!!! This is fun!! I'm going to get started right away!!!

    ReplyDelete