Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My First Review!

Hi, guys! I would use girls, dolls, lovelies or some other feminine term, but that's just not me. To me, "guys" is gender neutral. Haha. Okay! Today I have my first review. It's also the very first polish from a new indie brand. She hasn't even released her brand name yet and is taking a poll for this polish's name. So, after you see some pics, head on over to her fb page and vote. I work with Kat and she's extremely creative. Anyone who's seen her baking creations can attest to that. I can't wait to see more from her.

This post is a little picture heavy. So, I'll try to keep it short. None of the pics show a top coat and please forgive my dry cuticles. Being the mother of a young child, I'm constantly washing my hands and can't always moisturize.

First is a pic of the polish in the bottle.


 It's a yellow shimmer, which is already a bonus for being different. I know yellow is iffy depending on skintone, but if you think about it, most yellow polishes (that I've seen anyway) are creams. With this being sheer, it's great for layering. And how about that confetti glitter? So cute!

First, here it is on it's own, 2 layers, no undies:

 

My pinky and ring finger have thinner coats, while my middle and ring have generous coats.

I know close-ups are important, but sometimes I like to know what other people are seeing. So, here's a different perspective:


Now, over WnW Ebony Hates Chris (black) and Sally Hansen White On:


This is only one generous coat over each. Great over white, right? But over black, you might get some streaking from the yellow shimmer. If you do a second coat, that probably wouldn't be a problem, because this polish is packed with confetti. No fishing necessary.

Now for some fun! Colors from L to R: Julep Blake, Julep Claire, WnW Tickled Pink & Sinful Colors Innocent. First without:

 

And now, with:


How cute is this! I didn't want to take it off, but I also wanted to try some unlikely colors. So, here we have L to R: Confetti (the brand ^_^) Show Stopper and NYC Sidewalkers:

 

It didn't do much for me over Show Stopper, but I have to give a shout out to my hubby for suggesting it. He's so supportive and involved. I love you! ^_^ I did like it over the grey, though. So, don't be afraid to try unlikely colors when layering. You never know what you'll end up with.

The polish went on very easily without much need for manipulating the confetti. However, at 2 layers there was some overlapping. She took a poll and people said more confetti, so she doubled it. I honestly think 2/3 of what is in the bottle would be enough. I just got the feeling that I'd finish the polish and still have a ton of confetti in the bottle. Not that I'm complaining!

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this. It's fun, easy to work with and versatile. There's not much more I ask for in a polish. So, keep an eye out for her big launch and more polishes. She's already got a couple collections in mind, even though she won't give me all the juicy details.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment