Monday, November 12, 2012

Fan Brush Nail Art

So, I tried the fan brush mani last night. Now, I'm not only a newbie to nail art, but this was my first attempt at the fan brush technique as well. Here's the link to the tutorial on YouTube. I used 4 colors from the Color Club Back to Boho Collection. Base is Nomadic Nude and the stripes are Rad Nomad, Red-ical Gypsy and New Bohemian. Here are my results:





I think it looks kind of like a spun sugar/drizzle mani. How about you? I bet it's a lot faster and cleaner, though. Plus, you probably use a fraction of the polish. What you don't get, however, is the texture of the spun sugar technique. The purple of Rad Nomad got lost under the red, so if I used this collection again I'd probably use the lighter purple. Here's another view:

Fan Brush Nail Art



Surprisingly, my right hand looks better than my left. I'm right-handed so you'd think it would be the other way around. Have a look:


So, what do you think? Will you be trying this technique? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment