Saturday, November 3, 2012

Now We're Bloggin' & Tone on Tone Stamping.

My second post! It takes at least 2 wins to be on a winning streak. So, I guess I can officially say I'm a blogger and not a one post wonder. ^_^

Today I have what I'm jokingly calling my shower curtain nails. Why, you ask? Well, I'll get to that. First lets have a look at the beautiful Butter London All Hail the Queen that I used for my base.

Butter London All Hail the Queen

Best neutral/nude everrr! So gorgeous. Since I was stamping, I didn't clean up for this pic. Sorry. Okay, now for the stamping. I used Color Club Nomadic in Nude as well as Spoiled by Wet n Wild Pumping Gas. (I'd like to know where they get some of these names. Haha) The stamping is a piece of the bamboo image from Konad plate m66.

Bamboo Nail Stamping

I don't know about you, but I love the subtle elegance of tone on tone stamping. However, the bamboo and neutrals make me think of some HGTV modern, spa-like bathroom remodel. I guess it doesn't help that I actually have a bamboo print shower curtain. ^_^;

Also, I don't know if you can tell, but the ring finger has the 2 colors stamped while the others only have 1. I thought it added a little more depth and dimension. I probably should have done it on all nails, but I'll know next time. Here's a look at my right hand:


I think you can tell there are 2 colors a little better on this ring finger. Finally, with a flash so you can see the beautiful shimmer and added contrast of All Hail the Queen:


So, what do you think? Do they remind you of shower curtains? ^_^ I hope you enjoyed and visit again. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment