Sunday, December 16, 2012

Winter Mani & a Personal Story

Hey guys. I'm finally posting my nails from Friday. I'm going to start by sharing a personal story, if you don't mind.

I lost my sister to cancer 6 days before Christmas in 2009. I remember the overwhelming sadness, grief and guilt I felt as we made the 8 hour drive to north Georgia to see her before she passed. When we used to talk on the phone, she would always say that we should come visit her. That there was plenty of room at her place and how pretty it was. Even though she would come down during Thanksgiving, my family went to Virginia to see my husband's side of the family. So, unless they came down some other time of the year, I would always miss them. I only saw her a handful of times after she moved, and only when she came to Florida. The only time I went to see her was also the last time I would see her, and I live with that guilt every day. Yet I know this is nothing compared to the families of Friday's tragedy.

I hope you all will continue to pray for the families in Connecticut as well as China. I was crying again today just imagining these parents walking into their child's room and having all the memories flood back, but not being able to hold them. I have a 2 year old daughter and she's the light of my life. I honestly can't even begin to understand the pain.

I know this may seem like a depressing way to start my post, but I believe it's important that we don't let this slip from our conscience after only a few days. Treasure you loved ones, not just during the holiday season, but every day.

So, speaking of holidays, I decided to do a winter mani even though I live in Florida, and wouldn't you know that day it got cold. I'm not saying it was because of my mani, but I'm not saying it wasn't either. ^_~ As a matter of fact, the 2 days I wore this mani it was cold and the next day it warmed up again! Of course, I don't have much practice at freehand nail art, so it's nothing special. Here it is though:

Winter Nail Art

The tree on this hand was better than my right, but the snowman needed some help. ^_^;


The snowman on this hand was cleaner until my top coat made his eyes streak, plus the tree sucks.


This was the one time we had sunshine all week. I only got a pic of one hand, that's how fleeting it was. It was a shame too, with all that beautiful holo glitter on there. ^_^

Ok, that's all for today. I hope you all are having a good weekend and that my rudimentary nail art lightened the weight of this post. 'Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. Your nails look amazing! Does that little snowman have a scarf? XD so cute! I'm sorry to hear about your sister, my mom passed away from cancer when I was very young. Anytime something tragic like a shooting happens I feel their loss like it's my own. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, that's a scarf. hehe. Sorry about your mom as well. Yeah, I've always been sensitive but I definitely feel more emotion & sympathy in the face of tragedy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a wonderful job! Your snowmen are very cute! There never seems to be enough time for visits with family but they know we love them and treasure the memories.

    ReplyDelete