Thursday, April 18, 2013

My First Requested Mani

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I received a request to do a very specific mani based on Violet Beauregarde from the original Willy Wonka movie. Of course, I wanted to refresh my memory so I did an image search. I see there have been a few takes on this already.

I decided to do an abstract version. I used Urban Outfitters Blue Jeans, Cherry Tomato, and Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I used tape to get a clean black triangle, but as I've stated before, I don't usually get to start my nails til 9pm or later. So, instead of painstakingly taping off a chevron for the red stripe, I tried to freehand it. There are obvious inconsistencies, but they aren't noticeable from any reasonable distance anyway. If I had time, though, I would have definitely taped it off.

Anyway, here are the results. Please forgive my rachet cuticles. I pulled a hangnail the other day when I was in a meeting. (>.<) Serves me right, I suppose.

Violet Beauregarde Inspired Nail Art

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: