Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pure Ice My City Mani

So, I took on a huge challenge and decided to enter the Pure Ice My City nail art challenge. I've only been on this nail art journey since about July and haven't done much free-hand at all. So, I'll just jump right in with my photo.


St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S. and has such a rich history. Fort Matanzas, on my index finger, is a national monument. Of course, being in a coastal city that was settled by explorers, there were bound to be pirates. We have a pirate museum as well as the Black Raven pirate ship as seen on my thumb.

My middle finger is a palm tree on the beach. St. Augustine has beautiful beaches. Not only for tourists, but beaches surrounded by nature that you have to know about in order to enjoy.

My ring finger is the Bridge of Lions which is guarded by two marble lions. Crossing the bridge brings you from the main land of St. Augustine to Anastasia Island where you can find the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum as shown on my pinky. Rumored to be haunted, the lighthouse was even on Ghost Hunters.

These are just the big draws to St. Augustine. There's so much to explore in our little city. I love it!

As always, thanks for reading. ^_^

2 comments: