Monday, January 20, 2014

Hidden Gems - Swatch & Review

Wow. Do you ever feel like you really got your life together? I can't believe I'm actually posting again so soon!  I mean, I've just got so much going on lately it's kind of a miracle. But I know it won't last long. Something, somewhere, will fall by the wayside as I get back into nail blogging. I hope not, but you guys probably know what I'm talking about. Something's gotta give, right? Haha!

So, today I have L'Oreal Hidden Gems. This is another I picked up over Thanksgiving. It is SO gorgeous in the bottle (which of course my thoughtless self didn't take a picture of. OOPS!), that I couldn't pass it up. A textured duo-chrome?! I had a feeling it wasn't going to show up as strong on the nail, but it was still such a pretty color. You can click on the images for a closer view.

L'Oreal Hidden Gems

Hidden Gems textured nail polish

L'Oreal textured nail polish

2 Nails with Topcoat
I tried to catch the pretty purple color hidden in there the best I could. I've seen some other bloggers catch it beautifully. I showed two nails with topcoat thinking maybe the duo-chrome would show more. Nope. Less, actually. But while it's not obvious, it definitely adds depth and dimension. I love this polish so much. For some reason, it reminds me of Starry Night by Van Gogh.

As for formula, the texture is great and this is only two coats, but in the sunlight you may notice that two coats isn't quite completely opaque. Also, the wear wasn't as good as the Sinful Colors textured polish in my last review. I had noticeable tip wear the next day.

Overall, I love the color, depth, and texture and I'm glad to have it in my collection. But for the price and size of the bottle, I probably wouldn't get another unless I knew the formula improved.

Do you have any of the L'Oreal textures? What do you think of them? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment