Thursday, October 10, 2013

Mrs. P's Nail Potions Swatches and Review

OMG, you guys, I'm so sorry! I've just had so much going on lately. Besides family matters, well no...it's pretty much all family matters. Haha! From late Aug. to mid Oct. we've got 7 family birthdays, my hubby's and my anniversary, a baby shower along with everyday things, and the fact that my daughter and I were sick last week. I don't know which way is up anymore. But I finally got this review done!

Huge apology to Bree at Mrs. P's Nail Potions. Thank you for being so patient and understanding.

So, let's jump right in. This is a pic heavy post containing 4 polishes and a scented top coat from the Fall 2013 Collection from Mrs. P's Nail Potions. You can find her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Etsy.

***Disclaimer: I received these polishes for my honest review. All opinions are my own and were in no way influenced.***

I didn't take a pic of the scented top coat, because there wasn't really anything to show. There is however plenty to say! The scent is Pumpkin Chai and it's a LIMITED scent that is only available until the end of October. If you love Autumn, pumpkin, and/or chai/spice scents, I highly recommend you get your hands on this. I cannot tell you how amazing this smells.

Opening the bottle you can't smell anything besides the polish, but once it's dry it smells so delicious that you'll want to eat your fingers. It lasts for days, but the scent does start to fade by day 3. Even though this is limited, she sells a bunch of other scented top coats in scents like Apple Cinnamon, Lemon, Chocolate Fudge and more. The best part is, since they're top coats, you can wear them over any color unlike scented polishes.

Okay, now for the pic spam. All pictures can be clicked to enlarge.

Fawning for You

From the site: "Fawning For You is a highly pigmented soft neutral beige lacquer with a slight creme finish and a subtle gold/metallic shimmer." I'll be honest and say, I didn't think I'd like this color. But it has a peachy undertone which is very pretty. While I'm not a huge fan of metallics, this came off as more pearlescent to me. I think it's a very classy color

Bordeaux Crossing

"Bordeaux Crossing is a highly pigmented shimmery almost brick red lacquer." You can see the "brick red" color in the undertones, but the metallic shimmer almost has a red-violet hue and is very pretty. I don't wear this kind of shade often, but it would be very pretty for a special occasion.

Fall Deeply

"Fall Deeply is a highly pigmented auburn brown lacquer with lots of multicolored shimmer (mainly blue, green and purple)." This polish is beautiful! I could only really see green shimmer, but that was perfect in my opinion. It made me think of the changing leaves of Fall. Very unique and perfect for the season. This was my favorite of the four colors I received.

Lean Mean & Aubergine

"Lean, Mean & Aubergine is a highly pigmented deep brownish purple with beautiful purple shimmer." This was my second favorite. Not only is the color lovely, but the quality is fabulous. I wore this for 3 days without a topcoat and had no chipping, only minimal tip wear.

All of the polishes have an excellent formula. They are highly pigmented and are almost one coaters, but you don't quite get the full richness of the color in one coat. There was some streaking with the lighter colors, but that's to be expected with shimmer and metallic polishes. The streaking is less prevalent in the darker the colors. Other than that, I had no problems with any of these polishes. Great coverage and quality.

There are four more colors in the collection and they are beautiful jewel-toned purple, green, blue, and dark pink. Definitely check them out!

So, I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I apologize again for the absence. If you have any questions about any of these polishes, feel free to ask. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment